" An empty home is open to vandalism, theft or unauthorized use; these risks make most homeowners insurance companies unwilling to cover unoccupied homes. Insurance laws in most regions release the home insurance company of any responsibility for claims on vacant homes after an extended period of time. Homeowners attempting to make such claims are sometimes accused of fraud. Certain companies will add coverage to insure vacant homes at higher premiums, and other companies specialize in taking on these higher risks but at a very high cost and still others will drop you because of the additional liability. www.ehow.com”
NOW THERE'S A SOLUTION
Professional Vacant Home Watch Services By Abigail's Concierge
Below is our standard checklist list which is followed with a thorough, detailed report, pictures and when necessary maintenance recommendations after EVERY inspection.
- Rotate lights on/off (for added burglary deterrent) - replace bulbs as needed
- Visual inspection of interior walls, ceilings, floors, cabinets and closets for leaks, mold, vermin
- Check that refrigerators and freezers are maintaining temperature
- Ensure that screens, windows and doors are secure and security system
- Bring in mail, newspapers and fliers accumulating on driveway or at front door
- Ensure that the home remains in cared for condition. Attending to repairs, yard and home maintenance when needed *
- Inspect perimeter of home and property for signs of trespassing
- Ensure all gates and out buildings are locked and secure
- Check and clear debris off of porches and driveway
- Act as the emergency contact for security alarms *
- Test all outdoor lighting – replace bulbs when necessary
SOME ADDED ASSURANCES FROM YOUR HOME WATCH TEAM
1. CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT
All clients’ transactions and business remains confidential. A signed confidentiality clause is included in the agreement.
2. LICENSED, INSURED AND BONDED
We back up our services by being Licensed, Insured and Bonded.
3. WE EXPECT NO LESS FROM THOSE WE WORK WITH
Our employees go through background and reference checks and our vendors are vetted, insured and bonded and anyone that enters the home does so under our supervision. We even make sure they wear shoe covers to protect floors and carpets.
4. EVEN BETTER
Along with the regular reports you receive from Abigail’s we will also include the name and bio of any subcontractor that services your property as well as listing them on our website.
5. NOT JUST A WALK THROUGH
We don’t just do a walk thorough, we follow a standard protocol and checklist, take pictures and then provide you with a complete report after every visit.
6. STORM CHECKS
We’ll do one off inspections during any major weather occurrences. Now you have a professional team that will be on the spot assessing the home for any damage.
Upon request we will provide yard signs stating our company’s name and contact information.
Each visit consists of up to one hour in including drive time.
One Home Watch Inspection Per Week: $45
Two Home Watch Inspections Per Week: $75
We are currently servicing the Gig Harbor, Fox Island, Port Orchard and Key Peninsula communities
We work with you or your agent to accommodate the unique requirements of the home
*Insurance requirements may vary. Alarm contact, repairs or sub contractor services are at the expense of owner,